This gluten free chocolate chip bread is amazing. Its texture is light and spongy, and you get melted, sweet chocolate chips in every bite. The best part? It’s made with almond butter, eggs and dark chocolate – wholesome, healthy and delicious!
While I wouldn’t recommend having something sweet for breakfast regularly, I consider this breakfast bread a wonderful weekend treat.
- ½ tablespoon melted unsalted butter for pan
- ½ cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 oz bittersweet (70% cacao) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a square 9-inch baking dish with melted butter.
- In a large bowl, with a hand whisk, whisk together the almond butter and eggs.
- Whisk in the honey, vanilla, salt and baking soda.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the chocolate chips.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish.
- At this point, you can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffed and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares and serve.