This simple recipe for lamb meatballs relies on the inherently bold flavor of lamb. Simply mix in a few spices, form into meatballs and bake. Dipped in mint yogurt sauce, these lamb meatballs are absolutely delicious.
If you don’t mind grains/carbs, these meatballs and sauce are also excellent stuffed inside warm pita bread.
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray it with olive oil spray.
- Prepare the sauce by processing all its ingredients in the food processor. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the meatballs ingredients. Form into 20 meatballs, each weighing about 1 oz.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Serve immediately, with the yogurt sauce.