Deliciously cheesy broccoli casserole will convince even the most reluctant picky eaters that broccoli is in fact worth eating.
This cheesy, delicious keto broccoli casserole is dedicated to The Picky Eater. It’s pretty much the only way she’ll agree to eat broccoli.
Alas, not everyone in my household agrees that broccoli is yummy, which is why I created this pizza-inspired broccoli casserole. It’s a very reliable way to serve broccoli to picky children, but it’s also loved by adults.
You can use fresh of frozen broccoli in this broccoli casserole, so it’s one of those side dishes that you can always whip up, even if you’re out of fresh produce.
If the carb count is too high for you (5 grams net carbs per serving), try using less pizza sauce – even just 1/2 cup will give this casserole a nice flavor.
I especially love how easy this broccoli casserole is to make – it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup good pizza sauce (Such as Rao's)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided (4 oz )
- Place the broccoli florets in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and microwave until just-tender, 7 minutes for fresh broccoli and 9 minutes for frozen, stopping twice to stir.
- Drain the steamed broccoli. Transfer to a large bowl. Mix with the pizza sauce and half the cheese.
- Heat broiler on high and position a rack 6 inches below flame. Transfer the broccoli mixture to a broiler-safe 1.5-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Broil 3-5 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.