A delicious bok choy recipe, that highlights the Chinese cabbage’s delicate flavor.
Braised Bok Choy
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides, Low-Carb, Vegan
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 6 baby bok choy (2 lb.), halved lengthwise
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon konjac flour (or 1 teaspoon cornstarch)
- Heat a large, wide saucepan over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Add half the oil and brush to coat.
- Add half of the bok choy, cut sides down. Cook 3-4 minutes, until browned. Remove to a plate and repeat with the remaining oil and bok choy.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sauce ingredients, except for the konjac flour.
- Return the bok choy to the pan. Pour in the sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook about 10 minutes, until bok choy is just tender.
- Remove the bok choy to a serving platter. Mix the konjac flour with 2 tablesooons cold water, and stir the mixture into the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the liquids turn into a thick sauce, 3-5 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the bok choy and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 4 bok choy halves; Calories: 115; Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 14g; Sugar: 9g; Sodium: 658mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 5g