In this delicious baked cauliflower recipe, cauliflower florets are tossed in olive oil, garlic and parmesan, and baked until golden and creamy.
Delicious baked cauliflower with olive oil, garlic and Parmesan. The cauliflower becomes so creamy and mild as it bakes.
I really dislike raw cauliflower. I find its flavor pungent and unpleasant. Not to mention the smell! But baking completely transforms cauliflower.
Ever since I started eating low carb, I’ve been making cauliflower a lot. It’s a tasty, versatile vegetable that can work well to replace starchy dishes. Mashed cauliflower and cauliflower potato salad are staples in this household.
Baked cauliflower is a super tasty, creamy and cheesy side dish. Even the Picky Eater loves it!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned and separated into florets (1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup grated Parmesan (40 grams)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to coat the cauliflower florets with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Transfer to a baking dish large enough to accommodate the florets in a single layer (such as a 9 X 13 rectangular baking dish).
- Bake the cauliflower for 15 minutes.
- Turn the florets to the other side, sprinkle with the cheese, and bake 15 more minutes, until golden-brown.