Delicious baked pumpkin, seasoned with olive oil, garlic and chili powder. One of my favorite side dishes this time of year.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides, Gluten-Free, Primal/Paleo
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 sugar pumpkin (2 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Set oven rack to the lowest position. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the pumpkin and cut the stem off. Place in the microwave and microwave 1 minute on high, to soften.
- Carefully, using a very sharp chef’s knife and back-and-forth sawing motions, cut the pumpkin in half. Use a large metal spoon to remove the pulp and the seeds. If stubborn pulp remains, cut it with kitchen scissors.
- Back to using the sharp knife and the sawing motions, cut each half of the pumpkin into four 1-inch-thick moon-shaped slices, discarding the ends.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin.
- Cut each pumpkin slice into 1-inch cubes.
- Arrange the pumpkin cubes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the seasonings, and use your hands to evenly coat the pumpkin.
- Bake the pumpkin cubes until tender, 30-40 minutes, tossing them halfway through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 93; Fat: 4g; Carbohydrates: 15g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 289mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 2g