Tender, succulent and very flavorful, ribeye is my favorite cut of beef. Ribeye roast is very easy to make – simply rub with seasonings, then roast in the oven until done.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Primal/Paleo, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless ribeye roast
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the salt, garlic powder, sage, thyme and black pepper. Rub all over the roast, pressing to make sure rub adheres to the meat.
- Place the meat, fat side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and allow it to get to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. Roast the meat for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, and keep roasting for 1 more hour (20 minutes per pound), until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 130°F for medium-rare.
- Remove the ribeye roast from the oven. Loosely cover with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes, then cut into thin slices and serve.
The same recipe also works for New York Strip Roast.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 6 oz; Calories: 420; Fat: 25g; Carbohydrates: 0g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 430mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 46g