Delicious, creamy keto pumpkin mousse is the perfect fall dessert. I love serving it this time of year because I can make it a day in advance!
A delicate, creamy pumpkin mousse, flavored with vanilla and cinnamon. One of its big advantages is that you can make it in advance. In fact, the mousse is way creamier on the second day, probably because the pumpkin and cream have more time to meld, so if possible, I would suggest making this a day in advance. If you do, whip the cream for the topping on the day you plan to serve the mousse.
To keep this mousse keto and low carb, I use a low carb granulated sweetener when making it. If you don’t mind sugar, you can certainly use that instead.
Sometimes, instead of cinnamon, I use pumpkin pie spice. Both versions are excellent, although sticking to cinnamon only results in a more delicate, milder flavor.
When it comes to pumpkin desserts, we almost always think of pumpkin pie. But there are other, more interesting options. This delicious pumpkin mousse is one of them.
Mousse in general is one of my favorite desserts. I love its airy texture. This pumpkin mousse is incredibly light and airy. So is this chocolate mousse, if you’re into chocolate, although it does contain raw eggs (unlike this recipe), so it’s up to you if this is something that you want to make.
As I said, the mousse tastes better the next day, so obviously if you serve it on the day you make it and have leftovers, go ahead and keep them, but I don’t think the texture will last much beyond a day or two. I never had a chance to test it, though – we tend to finish this pumpkin mousse pretty fast. 🙂
- 1 (15 oz can) pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice (sugar or a low carb substitute)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice (sugar or a low carb substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, use a hand whisk to whisk together the pumpkin, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric hand whisk to beat the heavy cream with the sweetener until soft peaks form.
- Prepare the topping: In a small bowl, use an electric hand whisk to beat the heavy cream with the sweetener until soft peaks form. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin puree.
- Divide evenly among six small dessert bowls. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon and serve.