Tangy goat cheese, savory sun-dried tomatoes and oregano add lots of flavor to this tasty goat cheese omelet.
Goat Cheese Omelet
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Yield: 1 serving
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the olive oil and brush to coat.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet, swirling the skillet to distribute the eggs evenly. Allow to cook a few seconds. When the edges of the omelet begin to set, lift them gently with a spatula and allow the uncooked eggs from the top to run underneath. Continue doing this until the eggs are set on the bottom, and the top is not runny anymore.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Evenly sprinkle the sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese on one half of the omelet. Carefully fold it in half, using a spatula, and cook 1 more minute on each side, until cheese is warm and melted.
- Slide the goat cheese omelet onto a plate and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 omelet Calories: 352; Fat: 25g; Carbohydrates: 6g; Sugar: 4g; Sodium: 625mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 25g