This wonderful chocolate ice cream has a deep chocolate flavor and a creamy texture. It requires no ice cream maker. Simply mix, refrigerate, then freeze.
Since the cocoa powder slows down the freezing process, this ice cream takes a long time to freeze, so it’s best to make it a day in advance.
- ½ cup xylitol*
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place the xylitol in your food processor bowl. Process into fine granules.
- Add the cocoa powder and process to incorporate.
- Add the milk, heavy cream and vanilla. Process to incorporate, about 1 minute, stopping once or twice to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Process 1 more minute, until very fluffy.
- Transfer the mixture to a square 9-inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. This will allow the xylitol and cocoa powder to absorb the liquids.
- Uncover, mix again, cover and freeze for at least 12 hours.