Cucumber salad is one of summer’s little pleasures, much like cold watermelon, fresh raspberries and chilled soups. It’s the simplest salad, really – cucumber and onion slices are mixed with a simple dressing of sour cream, vinegar and salt, and allowed to macerate in the fridge for a few hours.
The result is incredible – tasty, refreshing, and the perfect side to grilled meats and seafood.
- ¼ cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill weed
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced (12 oz)
- ½ red onion (3 oz), thinly sliced and separated into rings
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, vinegar and dill.
- Add the cucumbers and onions and mix well.
- Cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with the salt and pepper and mix well.