A very easy side dish, these broiled mini bell peppers are delicious and fun to eat. Their unique flavor is perfectly complemented by the olive oil and Parmesan.
Broiled Mini Bell Peppers
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides, Vegetarian, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Primal/Paleo
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 pint (8 oz) mini bell peppers, cut in half (no need to seed them)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Heat broiler on high and set oven rack directly below broiler. Line a broiler-safe baking sheet with foil.
- Place mini bell peppers in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan.
- Arrange the mini bell peppers in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. broil about 5 minutes, tossing them every couple of minutes, until tender and just beginning to char. Keep a close eye on them so that they don't burn.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 113; Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 7g; Sugar: 4g; Sodium: 375mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 3g