All the familiar pizza flavors combine in this delicious baked chicken breast recipe to create a healthy, tasty, low-carb and gluten-free pizza-like experience.
Chicken Breast "Pizza"
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten Free, Low Carb
Yield: 4 servings
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 (6oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons no-sugar-added marinara sauce (I love Rao's, especially the spicy sauce)
- 1 cup (4oz) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1oz thinly sliced spanish chorizo or pepperoni
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup pitted olives
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly pound the chicken breasts to slightly flatten.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray and place the chicken breasts in the dish, flat side up. Lightly spray the chicken breasts with live oil spray, or brush with olive oil; sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Turn the chicken breasts to the other side. Top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce, ¼ cup shredded mozzarella, 2 slices of chorizo or pepperoni, 2 slices of pepper and a few olives.
- Return the baking dish to the oven. Bake 10 more minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 335; Fat: 12.4g; Carbohydrates: 4.9g; Sugar: 0.4g; Sodium: 433.6mg; Fiber: 0.5g; Protein: 48.2g