All the familiar pizza flavors combine in this delicious pizza chicken to create a healthy, tasty, low-carb and gluten-free pizza-like experience.
Pizza chicken is such a great way to elevate the basic, boring-yet-reliable chicken breast into a fun, delicious, exciting dish.
I make chicken breast often, especially on weeknights, so I always look for variations.
This pizza chicken is perfect for a weeknight dinner, because it’s so easy to put together and it’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Plus, it’s a wonderful way to enjoy pizza flavors without the unnecessary, damaging carbs.
When I served this dish tonight, the Picky Eater actually asked for seconds! She very rarely does, so if you needed any proof that pizza chicken will be a hit with the kids – well now you have it!
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 (6oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons no-sugar-added marinara sauce
- 1 cup (4oz) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1oz thinly sliced spanish chorizo or pepperoni
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup pitted olives
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly pound the chicken breasts to slightly flatten.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray and place the chicken breasts in the dish, flat side up. Lightly spray the chicken breasts with live oil spray, or brush with olive oil; sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Turn the chicken breasts to the other side. Top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce, ¼ cup shredded mozzarella, 2 slices of chorizo or pepperoni, 2 slices of pepper and a few olives.
- Return the baking dish to the oven. Bake 10 more minutes. Serve immediately.