These delicious baked potato slices are browned and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. It’s my version of scalloped potatoes – and since I bake the potato slices in a single layer and use just a little cream, they become crispy all over, not just on the top.
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes (1 lb. total weight)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick olive oil spray.
- Slice the potatoes as thinly as you can. Arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet. Use a pastry brush to brush the tops with a thin layer of cream. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Bake the potatoes for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully turn to the other side, brush with more heavy cream and sprinkle with the remaining salt. Bake 20 more minutes, or until tender and browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.