Chocolate oatmeal is an indulgence, for sure, more of an occasional weekend treat than a regular breakfast, but boy is it good. Thick, chewy, chocolaty and warm – what a great way to start the day.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast
Yield: 2 servings
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (80 grams) dry rolled oats
- Place milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan. Heat gently over medium heat. When warm, add the cocoa powder and whisk a couple of minutes, until cocoa is dissolved and you basically have chocolate milk in the saucepan.
- Stir in the dry oats. Bring to a gentle simmer, still over medium heat, and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Transfer to individual bowls and allow to cool a few minutes before enjoying.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ½ recipe; Calories: 333; Fat: 10g; Saturated fat: 4g; Carbohydrates: 53g; Sugar: 22.8g; Sodium: 76mg; Fiber: 6.7g; Protein: 12.5g