The more I grill vegetables, the more I realize how much I love them grilled. Not that there’s anything wrong with steamed veggies, especially when topped with a little butter. But there’s something really good about the caramelizing effect that grilling has, and these grilled broccolini were excellent.
The red pepper flakes add just a subtle kick that goes nicely with the almost-sweet flavor of the caramelized tops. Yum.
- 1 large bunch broccolini, stalks trimmed (1 lb after trimming)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat dual-contact grill such as George Foreman, grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the broccolini with the oil, salt, pepper flakes and garlic powder. (I use my hands to make sure the broccolini is well-coated).
- Grill the broccolini for about 8 minutes on the George Foreman grill; 8-10 minutes on a regular grill, turning often, until stalks are just-tender and tops are delightfully browned and caramelized.