So easy it’s funny, this delicious pizza dip recipe gives you a perfect low carb pizza experience, without the added carbs, gluten and calories from the pizza crust.
When it comes to party appetizers, easy is the way to go, and this pizza dip recipe is so easy it’s funny.
Can I even call it a pizza dip recipe? Layering cheese, tomato sauce and toppings, then melting everything in the oven is hardly a recipe, and indeed, this pizza dip recipe is very forgiving.
Use whatever cheese you like – you can use mascarpone instead of cream cheese, for example, and I dare say whole milk ricotta would work as well.
Mozzarella works well of course, but so does provolone, fontina and Parmesan.
Obviously, the toppings can be whatever you want them to be – pepperoni is a classic, but I often use Spanish chorizo instead.
This delicious hot pizza dip gives you a pizza-like experience, without the added carbs and calories from the crust. A perfect party appetizer, and a crowd-pleaser even when served with fresh-cut veggies rather than bread or crackers.
PS. Another great pizza-inspired appetizer are these pizza mini bell peppers.
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, cubed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup pizza sauce (Rao's is great)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz black pitted olives, sliced
- 1 oz Spanish chorizo, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds to soften. Mix in the oregano, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart baking dish (such as a 9-inch pie plate). Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top, then add your toppings.
- Bake 15 minutes, until cheese is melted. If you want it browned, place for an additional couple of minutes under the broiler (make sure your baking dish is broiler-safe). Serve with fresh cut veggies and pork rinds for dipping.