A very flavorful crustless spinach quiche, perfect for brunch or for a light dinner. Tastes great warm or at room temperature.
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Entree, Brunch, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb
Yield: 8 servings
- Olive oil spray for pan
- 16 oz frozen chopped spinach
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with olive oil.
- Place the spinach in a microwave-safe bowl. Add ½ cup water. Cover and microwave until thawed, about 4 minutes. Allow to slightly cool, then place the thawed spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze hard to get rid of excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and Parmesan. Stir in the spinach.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie plate. Bake until quiche is puffed, its edges are browned and its center appears set, and a toothpick inserted in its center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes in the pan on a cooling rack before slicing.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 slice; Calories: 104; Fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 4g; Sugar: 1g; Sodium: 253mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 9g