Check out my healthy Thanksgiving recipes!
Fluffy, fragrant pumpkin cake is made with almond flour and other wholesome ingredients. It’s my not-so-guilty autumn pleasure!
I’m in love with this gluten free pumpkin cake.
Moist and fragrant, it is one of my not-so-guilty autumn pleasures.
I don’t even bother with icing – this gluten free pumpkin cake is really good as is. Plus, without icing, I can reclassify it from “dessert” into “breakfast” and allow myself a slice each morning with my coffee. 🙂
The only “flour” in this pumpkin cake is almond flour. Whenever I bake with almond flour, I’m amazed at how delicious and fluffy are the baked goods it produces.
This cake is truly amazing – just as good as a wheat flour cake, and so much healthier.
My biggest compliment is that my youngest child, The Picky Eater, loves this cake. She has a very discerning palate and a strong preference for white flour and sugar, so this truly is a compliment.
Leftovers of this gluten free pumpkin cake keep very well in the fridge for 4-5 days. I slice the entire cake, then place the leftover slices in an airtight container and refrigerate. I warm each slice for 10 seconds to take the chill out before enjoying.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter, soft, for the pan
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (not fine salt)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Whisk in the pumpkin, butter, honey, vanilla and salt, mixing until smooth.
- Whisk in the almond flour, mixing until well combined, then mix in the pumpkin pie spice and the baking soda. Batter will be thick - which will end up producing a fluffy cake with a lovely textured top.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pie plate. Smooth the top out with a spatula. Bake the pumpkin cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. In my oven it takes 45 minutes, and I loosely cover the edges with strips of foil after the first 30 minutes to prevent them from getting too dark.
- Cool the pumpkin cake in the pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.