A mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic makes for a very flavorful grilled eggplant. Instead of grilling, you can also bake 10 minutes per side in a 450-degree F oven.
This grilled eggplant is the perfect side dish to grilled meat.
- 1 large eggplant, unpeeled (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill, or a grill pan, over medium-high heat. I used my George Foreman Grill.
- Trim eggplant edges and slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds. You should get 6 rounds out of a large eggplant.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brush the eggplant rounds with the mixture, on both sides. Set aside any remaining sauce.
- Grill eggplant slices about 5 minutes on each side (5 minutes total in a George Foreman grill), or until well-browned and fork-tender.