Sauteed kale – what a delicious way to enjoy this healthy vegetable! The kale is sautéed in garlic-infused olive oil until just tender, then seasoned with salt, pepper and vinegar.
Servings: 2 servings
Calories: 164 kcal
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (8 oz bag) pre-cut, pre-washed young kale leaves (my bag also included carrot strips)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, the kale and the salt and toss to combine.
- Stir-fry about 5 minutes, until kale is tender and slightly wilted.
- Season with black pepper and vinegar. Stir-fry a few more seconds, then serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 164 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14g 22%
Sodium 587mg 24%
Total Carbohydrates 9g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.