Crisp, delicious baked zucchini chips, seasoned with garlic and Parmesan. Not all of them will turn out crisp, but even the softer ones are excellent.
Salting the zucchini chips before baking them is an annoying extra step, but it removes water from the zucchini, which helps achieve crispiness.
- Olive oil spray
- 2 medium or 4 small zucchini (about 1 lb. total weight)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat it with olive oil spray.
- Slice the zucchini as thin as you can, or into ⅛-inch-thick rounds. Arrange the zucchini slices on a platter or a tray and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Allow to stand 30 minutes at room temperature. This should draw water out of the zucchini. Transfer to a colander, rinse, then place on paper towels and press paper towels on top to dry well.
- Transfer the dried zucchini slices to a bowl and toss with the olive oil. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Turn each slice to the other side. Lightly spray with olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, pepper and Parmesan.
- Return to the oven, rotating the baking sheet, and continue baking until browned and crisp, about 15 more minutes. Use a spatula to transfer to individual plates and serve.