Eggs in bell peppers – how pretty! I saw the idea on Pinterest (of course) and just had to try it. It’s the simplest recipe – you fry eggs, but you fry them inside bell pepper molds, which makes for a pretty presentation and is also very tasty, as the bell peppers become soft and slightly caramelized.
While I don’t have time to make this dish for breakfast on weekdays, I think it’s perfect for a weekend brunch!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bell pepper rings (1/3-inch thick)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, about 4 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper rings. Cook 1 minute on each side.
- Crack an egg into each bell pepper ring. Lower heat to medium-low. Cook until whites are set, 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.