In this sauteed spinach recipe, fresh spinach leaves are quickly sautéed in garlic-infused olive oil, then dressed with butter and lemon juice. It’s a simple preparation that elevates spinach into a delicacy.
Another simple yet delicious spinach recipe is this steamed spinach recipe. We all love it, and I make it quite often.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound pre-washed baby spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a very large, deep pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute, until no longer raw, but not browned.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper, carefully mixing with a wooden spoon to coat in the olive oil. Cover, and cook 2 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to high, and cook 1 more minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer spinach to a serving bowl and stir in the butter and lemon juice. Serve immediately.