Delicious roasted broccoli gets caramelized as it roasts in a hot oven. A little olive oil and a sprinkle of Parmesan and red pepper flakes turn it into a savory, crunchy treat.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides, Vegetarian, Primal, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli, separated into florets (stalks can be peeled and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to toss the broccoli with the oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer the coated broccoli to prepared baking sheet, spreading it in a single layer. Roast 10 minutes. Stir with a spatula, sprinkle with Parmesan and roast 10 more minutes, until broccoli is just tender and caramelized in spots.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 73; Fat: 4g; Carbohydrates: 6g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 217mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 4g