A delicious, tall and fluffy olive oil chocolate cake. You can’t taste the olive oil, by the way – not even if you use extra virgin olive oil.
Olive Oil Chocolate Cake
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Dessert
Yield: 16 squares
- Olive oil spray for pan
- 1½ cups white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Whisk in the eggs, milk, brandy and vanilla extract.
- Gradually whisk the flour mixture into the egg mixture, until well-combined and smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake just until top of cake is firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Cool the cake in pan on a wire rack, about 30 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 square; Calories: 164; Fat: 6g; Carbohydrates: 23g; Sugar: 13g; Sodium: 143mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g