Gooey and chocolatey and delicious, baked chocolate oatmeal is the ultimate winter weekend breakfast!
The smell that will fill your house as you bake this chocolate oatmeal is unbelievable. It will be very difficult to wait a few minutes before digging in, but you really should – the oatmeal will be much more enjoyable after it had cooled a little.
- 1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter for ramekins
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats, dry
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (unpacked) brown sugar
- ¼ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush two oven-safe, 6oz ramekins with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and cocoa powder until well-combined. Stir in the oats. Allow to sit 15 minutes, until the oats have absorbed the chocolate milk.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and brown sugar, then add the yogurt and vanilla.
- Add the oats mixture to the egg mixture. Use a spatula to combine. Stir in the baking powder.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared ramekins. Bake 25 minutes, until the top is firm and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place for 5 minutes on a wire rack to slightly cool and set (it will be too hot to eat straight out of the oven), then serve.