This chocolate creme is delicious, chocolaty, just a little boozy, and super easy to make. Serve this rich dessert in small, 1/3-cup ramekins or in espresso cups, to keep portions in check.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Dessert, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup (8 oz) neufchatel cheese (or reduced-fat cream cheese), room temperature
- 1 cup (8 oz) whole milk ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons crème de cacao liqueur
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup xylitol*
- Place the ingredients in your food processor bowl.
- Process 2 minutes, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl, until very smooth.
- Transfer to individual dishes. Serve immediately.
*Here’s why I believe xylitol is safe; if you’re not convinced, replace with equal amounts of granulated sugar or coconut sugar. You can also try using honey or maple syrup, but then you would need to adjust the other liquids in this recipe.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 202; Fat: 12g; Carbohydrates: 10g; Sugar: 2g; Sodium: 141mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 10g