Spicy and bursting with flavor, these shrimp are amazing and so easy to make. You can make them as spicy as you like – I use 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, but you can easily adjust up or down according to your own taste.
Serve these spicy shrimp over brown rice or couscous, with a side of vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ lb. large shrimp (21-25 per lb.), peeled and deveined
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
- While the skillet is heating, mix the olive oil, chili powder, cayenne and salt in a medium bowl, using a fork.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Add the coated shrimp to the skillet in one layer. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through and opaque.