The secret to light, moist cornbread muffins: bake them at a high temperature for a very short time – just ten minutes.
These tasty cornbread muffins are excellent on their own, great with chili, and super yummy for breakfast, topped with butter and honey.
- Olive oil spray for pan
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal (use organic if you prefer to avoid GMO)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners and spray them with olive oil spray.
- In food processor bowl, place flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Process to incorporate.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Process just until blended, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake 10-12 minutes, until muffins are puffed and browned and a toothpick inserted in one of them comes out clean. Your first clue that they are ready will be the amazing smell filling your kitchen!