Butter, sour cream, pumpkin and Parmesan combine to create a delicate, creamy, very flavorful pumpkin pasta sauce. For more fiber and protein, use whole-wheat pasta, or a multi grain pasta such as Barilla Plus.
And if you need to avoid gluten, Jovial brown rice pasta is tasty and has a clean ingredients list.
- 1 (14 oz) package Barilla Plus Farfalle pasta (or gluten-free pasta)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- ½ (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, about 10 minutes, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking water before draining.
- Drain the pasta into a colander, then return it to the empty, hot pot.
- Add the butter, pumpkin puree , sour cream, reserved cooking water, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Divide into plates, sprinkle with the cheese, and serve.