Delicious, fragrant pumpkin French toast is just perfect for a lovely, leisurely fall brunch.
The best part: it’s no more difficult to make than regular French toast.
Pumpkin French Toast
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 4 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, cut in half on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup warm maple syrup
- In a shallow, 9 X 13 baking dish, whisk together the egg, milk, pumpkin puree, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, until mixture is smooth.
- Place the bread slices in the dish and allow them to soak the mixture, 2 minutes on each side.
- After turning the bread slices to the second side, heat a double-burner griddle or two large skillets over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add the butter to the hot griddle and brush to coat. Cook the coated bread slices until golden-brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately, with warm maple syrup.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 210; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 33g; Sugar: 15g; Sodium: 134mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 6g