My favorite way to prepare green beans is to simply boil and salt them. But sautéed green beans, fried in garlic-infused olive oil until lightly caramelized, are a nice variation.
I make green beans quite often these days, because it’s one of the few vegetables that all of us like – grownups and picky kids alike. :)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and beans and cook, stirring often, 10-15 minutes, until beans are fork-tender and begin to caramelize.