A pleasurable little pumpkin mug cake that’s ready in just a few minutes. Very nice as an autumn breakfast with a big mug of steaming coffee.
Pumpkin Mug Cake
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
Yield: 1 individual cake
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil for mug
- 2 tablespoons white whole-wheat flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
- ½ tablespoon light olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Dash cinnamon
- Brush a 6 oz (not bigger, not smaller) mug, bowl or ramekin with 1 teaspoon light olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the topping, until smooth. Pour into the prepared ramekin.
- Microwave 40 seconds on high. Cake should appear set and as you know, microwave ovens greatly vary so you'll have to experiment a bit to find the perfect timing for your oven.
- Mix the topping ingredients. Allow the cake to cool a couple of minutes, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top before digging in.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 cake; Calories: 199; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 30g; Sugar: 16g; Sodium: 68mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 3g