I adore banana bread – it’s such a comfort food. I love the way it fills the house with delicious fragrance as it bakes.
These whole wheat banana muffins are just as good! They are fluffy, fragrant and delicious. Wonderful for breakfast or as a quick, wholesome snack.
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- 2 ripe large bananas
- ¼ cup light olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners and spray them with nonstick spray.
- Mash the bananas in your food processor. Add the olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla and eggs. Process until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the food processor bowl and pulse just until combined.
- Spoon the muffins onto the prepared muffin cups, filling each ¾ full. Bake 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one of the muffins comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before serving.