This delicious, cheesy corn casserole is made with olive oil, Greek yogurt, and no pre-packaged mixes. Serve it as a side dish, or as a very filling vegetarian entree.
I’ll share a little secret with you: I love to eat leftovers of this corn casserole, cold, straight out of the fridge!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for pan
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper (black is fine)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal (use organic to avoid GMO)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pound corn kernels, canned or frozen and thawed in microwave, drained (use organic to avoid GMO)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush a small, 1-quart casserole dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and cayenne.
- Whisk in the cornmeal, then stir in the cheddar and corn.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until the top appears set, edges are browned and slightly pulling away from the baking dish, and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in baking dish for 10 minutes. Invert onto a large platter and from the platter to a cutting board. Allow to rest 10 more minutes before slicing and serving.