Firm, small button mushrooms are sauteed in a simple, delicious sauce of olive oil, garlic and lemon. Garlic mushrooms make a tasty side dish, and if you eat bread, the sauce practically begs for some crusty bread!
If you like mushrooms, you should also try these amazing pesto-stuffed mushrooms.
- 2 (8 oz) packages small, firm button mushrooms
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Cut the bigger mushrooms in half.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and salt and cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes, until mushrooms are just tender.
- Add the black pepper and the lemon juice. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.