Sweet, fresh, in-season corn can absolutely be enjoyed raw. This raw corn salad is my favorite way to enjoy the fresh, crisp taste of raw corn.
One of the things I love about this raw corn salad is that you can make it in advance. It actually gets better as it sits and the flavors are allowed to meld.
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut off 2 large ears); use organic to avoid GMO
- ¼ cup chopped red onions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the corn kernels, red onions and cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour onto the salad. Mix well and serve.
- This salad can be made 1-2 hours in advance and refrigerated. It actually gets better as the flavors meld together.