Extra virgin olive oil and garlic make these mashed potatoes extra flavorful.
Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides, Gluten-Free, Primal/Paleo, Vegan
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes (3 medium potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Peel the potatoes. Cut into quarters. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook 15-20 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes, until golden but not browned.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper and cook just until heated. Don't allow to boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When potatoes are tender, drain them into a colander. Return to the empty, hot saucepan. Use a potato masher or a fork to mash. Add the olive oil mixture and keep mashing, just until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 205; Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 26g; Sugar: 4g; Sodium: 404g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 3g