Peaches are in season, and I am making the most of it! Grilled, sweet, warm peaches are wonderful on their own, even better with a scoop of cold, creamy vanilla ice cream.
Use large, firm peaches in this recipe – in fact, it is perfect for those unfortunate, too-hard peaches. The soft, super juicy ones are best enjoyed raw.
- 4 large, firm peaches
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Heat grill, or grill pan, on medium. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush the cut side with butter.
- Place the peaches, cut side down, on the grill. Grill about 5 minutes, or until lightly charred.
- Place the peaches on a baking dish, cut side up. Place the baking dish in oven and bake the peaches, uncovered, 5-10 minutes, until tender. Serve immediately.