These crispy, delicious brown rice cake are a wonderful way to enjoy leftover brown rice. They’re substantial and filling, so you can definitely serve them as a main course.
Another delicious use for leftover brown rice: breakfast rice.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, use a fork to mix together the rice, cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Add the egg mixture to the rice mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Measuring ¼ cup per cake, press the mixture into a round, flat measuring cup to shape it into rounds.
- Fry the brown rice cakes in two batches, until golden-brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side, adding 1 more tablespoon olive oil before frying the second batch.