A simple, delicious chicken salad made with Greek yogurt. Serve on whole-wheat bread, in a tortilla, or – to keep it low carb – on crisp lettuce leaves.
If you can’t give up mayonnaise in your chicken salad, use half Greek yogurt and half avocado oil mayonnaise. Avocado oil is much healthier than inflammatory vegetable oils.
- 2 cups (10 oz) cooked chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot or red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the chicken breast cubes, shallot, cilantro and feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad and mix well to combine. Serve immediately, or chill for an hour to allow flavors to meld.