This flavorful white bean salad is simply dressed with olive oil, lemon juice and basil. It’s the perfect summer dish – delicious, light and fresh.
While I generally serve this white bean salad as a side dish, it’s substantial and filling enough to be served as a main dish, perhaps with some baked brown rice.
- 2 cans Cannellini beans
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Rinse the beans and place in a large bowl.
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a jar. Seal tightly and shake well to combine. Pour over the beans and gently mix to coat.
- Add the parsley and basil. Gently mix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour, to allow flavors to meld.