A delicious tomato mushroom salad that tastes like summer. This is such a simple salad, you really need to make sure the vegetables – tomatoes and mushrooms – are super fresh.
The tomatoes should be red but firm, and the mushrooms should be white and crisp.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese and basil in a large serving bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small jar.
- Add the dressing to the salad and gently toss.
- Keep at room temperature for 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld, mix again, and serve.