This easy hummus recipe produces fresh-tasting, creamy, flavorful hummus – and when you make your own hummus, you know exactly what’s inside!
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Appetizer, Gluten-Free
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tahini (puree of roasted sesame seeds)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, water, tahini, salt and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with fresh cut veggies or with warm pita bread.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 176; Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 17g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 386mg; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 5g