Incredibly fresh and flavorful, this delicious olive oil pasta salad is a healthier choice than mayonnaise-based pasta salads.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Yield: 8 servings
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. whole-wheat penne pasta (or gluten-free penne)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (2 oz) kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Start boiling the water for the pasta.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, until al dente, usually 8 minutes for penne. Drain into a colander. Transfer to a bowl and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking. Cool for about ten minutes.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the dressing. Add the olives, tomatoes, basil and feta. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving, to allow flavors to meld.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 287; Fat: 13g; Carbohydrates: 43g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 323mg; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 7g;