A fragrant, delicious whole wheat zucchini bread, perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
Whole-Wheat Zucchini Bread
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast, Brunch
Yield: 12 slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1½ cups 100% whole-wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain, reduced fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil (preferably a light, fruity variety, but any olive oil will work)
- 2 medium zucchinis, peeled, grated by hand or in a food processor (1 cup grated)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 X 5-inches loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, maple syrup, and olive oil. Add zucchini and whisk until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture onto flour mixture. Fold in with a spatula, just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, on a wire rack, 15 minutes, then invert onto a platter and back to wire rack to cool 15 more minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 slice; Calories: 180; Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 34g; Sugar: 21g; Sodium: 107mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g