I love making Dutch baby pancake because it’s so easy – you simply pour the batter into the pan and bake. The batter contains no sugar, and – in this version – a good amount of fruit – which makes it a healthy choice.
One tablespoon of warm maple syrup per person is all it takes to sweeten these tasty, puffy Dutch baby pancakes.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place four 5-inch pie dishes on a large baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven, to allow the baking dishes to warm up.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Add the milk and vanilla, then the flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Brush the pie dishes with melted butter. Pour the batter into the baking dishes, dividing it evenly. Place the berries on top.
- Bake the pancakes for 20 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve immediately, with warm maple syrup.