These hot, sweet broiled bananas are delicious when spooned over thick, creamy Greek yogurt.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack, Gluten-Free, Primal
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon plus one tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced crosswise into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Position oven rack 4 inches below the broiler, and heat the broiler on high.
- Lightly brush a small broiler-safe baking dish with a teaspoon of melted butter. Arrange the banana slices in the dish, in one layer. Drizzle with butter.
- Place the baking dish under the broiler and cook until the bananas begin to caramelize, 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the yogurt between two small dessert bowls. Spoon the bananas over the yogurt. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 206; Fat: 11g; Carbohydrates: 19g; Sugar: 8g; Sodium: 36mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 10g