These whole-wheat lemon muffins are lemony, moist and delicious. They are very easy to make, too!
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast
Yield: 12 muffins
- ⅓ cup light olive oil (not extra-virgin), plus 1 teaspoon for pan
- 1½ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 very large juicy lemon, zested and juiced (3 tablespoons lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush 12 muffin cups with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and olive oil. Beat in the eggs, milk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture. Mix with a spatula, just until combined, allowing the batter to remain lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, using a 4-tablespoon ice cream scoop per muffin.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of one of the muffins comes out clean. Allow to set in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack (gently loosen edges with a knife if needed) and cool 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 muffin; Calories: 193; Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 26g; Sugar: 18g; Sodium: 153mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 4g